Highlights of the GP338
Signalling - Quick Call
II, DTMF, limited MDC1200
Battery Life - 8 hours (High Power),
10 hours (Low Power) - With Standard Hi- Capacity NiMH battery
Power Output - 5W (VHF) 4W (UHF)
Option Board - Yes
Keypad - Yes
Display - Yes
Emergency Button - Yes
Mil Spec - MIL-STD 810C, D & E
Intrinsically Safe - Yes
Weight (gm/kg) - 428gms (With Standard
Frequency - 136-174MHz / 330-400MHz
/ 403-470 MHz/ 450-527MHz
Channels - 128
Dimension (H X W X D) - 137 mm x 57.5
mm x 37.5 mm ( With Standard Hi-Cap.NiMH battery)
Unsurpassed Audio Quality
Motorola's special voice compression and expansion technology
called X-PAND enables crisper, clearer and stronger audio quality,
allowing you to keep communicating, even in noisy environment.
• Motorola's unique MDC signaling allows the transfer
of data communications at the high-speed rate of 1200 bits per second.
• The Forward error correction technology enables radio to
receive message, like PTT-ID display, radio status and send out remote
killing signal or emergency call even though the voice signal is
too weak to be heard.
• Expandable & easy to install in the field, by adding
option boards like voice storage board & DTMF Decoder boards
whenever your needs arise. The option board also allows up to 2 minutes
• The plug-in mandown option board feature will trigger an
emergency procedure in situations where the radio is horizontal or
still for longer than a pre-programmed time. It is critical for radio
users who work alone or in isolated environments.
• The GP338 is certified by the US Factory Mutual standard
intrinsically safe to operate in hazardous atmosphere.
• The built-in voice-activated feature (VOX) enables users
to transmit their message in a hands-free environment, without pressing
the push-to-talk button.
• Large display with 14 Character Alpha Numeric Dot Matrix
allows immediate communication of vital information. The keypad
& display illuminations provide the needed visibility to operate
your radio in the dark.
• Received Signal Strength Indicator displays signal strength
in the vicinity where you operate in.
• Name and tone tagging with capability to assign 8 different
ringing tones and visual caller ID to 8 specific users/ talkgroups
• Easy-to-access, one-touch Emergency Siren button with piercing
alarm to seek help in critical situation.
• Lightweight Lithium Ion battery option makes the radio one
of the lightest in its range.
Compact & Reliable
• Motorola's Accelerated Life Test.
• MIL-STD 810 C, D & E.